ESSENTIALS OF INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
Julio Cerviño Fernández, Jesús Arteaga Ortiz, Alfonso Fernández del Hoyo
- Count with a consolidated and well-defined body of conceptual, technical and procedural knowledge related with the business internationalization process, as well as the ability to develop the phases of an internationalization program for companies: research on foreign markets, country selection, segmentation and targeting withing markets, foreign entry mode options, and decisions on the degree of standardization or adaptation of marketing mix.
- Understand the process for selecting international markets and handling the main sources of marketing-related information.
- Differentiate a company's different alternatives for accessing foreign markets and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop the decision-making process in relation to the variables of the international marketing plan, associating it with the company's international strategy and the limitations imposed by the differences in the various socio-cultural, economic, political/legal and technological environments.
- Define the company products that are most suitable for internationalization and the adaptations required for selling them in foreign markets.
- Identify the variables that affect the setting of international prices and the company's international positioning
- Know the structure of international distribution channels and procedures for management and control of distributors.
- Identify the attributes that impact the international communication decisions and the most-used for small-medium companies.
- Analyze and understand the importance of brand creation to achieve sustainable competitive advantages in the international sphere and for maintaining long-term leadership positions.
- Establish the different alternatives for brand creation in the international sphere.